Monday, July 13, 2009




This past week has been bliss. NO KIDS AND NO WIFE. The only thing is that I missed them dearly. I cannot complain when I got off work at 7 in the morning and did not have to share my bed with my son even though I love laying down with him. I did not have to endure the forty five minutes of playing that he does before he lays down. I was able to sleep for a whole eight hours and I loved it.
If you do not know about little kids you can enjoy the times when they are gone. I had to do dishes TWICE this week. Not the two or three times a day when my kids are home. No nipple to wash, no bottles to make or diapers to change. The garbage pail for the diapers has been empty since Monday afternoon. What a joy to be able to sit down and eat a meal in peace without someone wanting to come over and beg for food. But you know what I miss doing nipples, making bottles, and changing diapers. Sophia and Sidney are a major part of my life and not doing those things for them is unthinkable to not do. It is nice to have a break from time to time. But after a while the house is way to quiet, you do not wake up to a little boy trying to get into bed with you that makes you want to get up with him, some of the times. It is really nice to hear Sophia scream and yell at the top of her lungs because she is happy. The house is too quiet without the noise of toys being dumped out for the fun of it and to see my daughters face smile after she is ground into the ground.
Yes I even miss the constant nagging of my wife. Without her I ate macaroni and cheese and hot dogs all week. At least when she is home I get a good wholesome meal with vegetables. I hate them but I eat them for the good of my son and my health.
I even tried to keep the house semi clean this week. While she was gone away at her mother’s with the kids for a week. I hope the meager effort I did put out is at least ok with her. I know there will be hell to pay when she does get home at the awful state of our home. But I hope she knows that I did try to keep the house clean. The dishes are done and are put away or drying. Anyway I have to get read for my queen, prince and princess to come home to our castle.

1 comment:

  1. aaaawwwwww.....now that you I know how you REALLY feel...I want a golden scepter for Christmas!! And the house WAS nice until I dragged all our crap in!

    ReplyDelete